From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:37:13 -0500
>From:    Julia Goodwin-Todd <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: red button like bump on toe
>
>I just noticed on Willow's foot that she has a red button like bump next
>to her last toe.  I looked online under tumors and saw that a Mast Cell
>Tumor looks like it (or as far as I could tell in the picture) and it
>sounded like what the description said it was.  I wanted to know if anyone
>out there has had a mast cell tumor on their ferret and because it says by
>most vet web sites that they should be considered benign, if you have not
>done surgury and everything been okay.  It is on her toe, and surgury to
>have it removed seems like it would take most her foot.  It they are
>supposed to be benign, I wonder if I should just leave it alone or if
>there is somethink else I could do.

Ol' Petey had a couple of mast cell tumors.  They were on his neck and got
about as big as an english pea.  You can say they are benign in that they
don't metastesize, but they itch like crazy and cause the ferret to keep
scratching at them.  The best treatment is surgical removal.  But the
first thing you need to do is get your vet to look at it and be sure that
is what you have.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you can take your bra off while driving.