From:
SHARON DOWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 06:22:19 -0500
To DB:

How coincidental that you should refer to the noise with the vacuum
cleaner and your bullog ferrets reaction vs. the other ferrets reaction.
I noticed just yesterday that when I turned the vacuum on my bulldog
("Ben" is his name) started trying to get as far away from the vacuum as
he possibly could.  My husband brought it to my attention and said that
he does not think that Ben likes the noise of the vacuum cleaner and that
it seems to be hurting his ears by the way he's acting.  The others just
continued on with their playing and were rather curious of it.

As for running, Ben runs an awful lot, too.  He takes off full speed and
sometimes comes flying across the room.  But, I don't know if you have
ever noticed this with yours, he pants.  Ben is panting all the time.
When he runs you can hear him panting and he sometimes gets sneezing
attacks.  I bring this up because I'm concerned about it because of his
sometimes labored breathing.  I'm not sure if it's just because of his
excitement or if it could possibly be respiratory.  When he's sleeping he
always makes little grunting noises.

He is very gentle and loving.  He has a wonderful personality.  He is a
joy to have and everytime I look at him he reminds me of a little bear
cub.  His face is broad and his bone structure is big and wide.