Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:39:52 -0800
>Do I pay a shelter (and help them out a lot $$$ wise) to take them for
>my vacation time (up to three weeks in Dec) or do I find another person
>owned by the fuzzies and have them look after my babies.

Our shelter also boards and we do make some revenue from boarding, however
I feel it's often best if they can stay at home with a pet sitter.  Your
ferrets will be more comfortable at home and would face no possible
contact with ECE or ADV infection.  Depending upon the area where the
person lives, we can sometimes refer people we trust to come to your home.

I know that a lot of people don't like the idea of a stranger coming into
their house, but if that's not a problem for you, you might ask your local
shelter if they have a pet sitter referral for you.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
   dba House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org