From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:30:28 -0600
Help him meet up with Harvey.  Let them all know that we love them and
miss them very much.

Rec'd a call from Phyllis, Spike's foster mommy saying that he was crying
in pain this morning and I advised her to take him in to see Dr. Mike.
The diagnosis was as I suspected and not wanting to see my dear friend
Spike suffer in this world anymore, followed Dr. Mike's recommendation for
euthanasia.  Spike, who has been with the shelter for around 5 years now
quietly went over the Rainbow Bridge today and will suffer pain no more.
Lymphosarcoma in ferrets as you know is a very painful disease and has no
known cure yet.  His sisters Larceny and Sissy, along with all of his
shelter friends, will miss him terribly.  Spike came to us many years ago
from Dr. Bock, who described him as the meanest, most evil ferret he has
ever known.  He was all of that and some more for quite awhile, having
come from a house where flicking on the nose was commonly used to
discipline him.  His last few years here at the shelter were filled with
lots of friends and no biting of people, whom he has come to love and
understand that not all people are as mean and ignorant as the house he
originally came from.Spike my friend, I will see you on the other side.

Love, Ferretguy and Ferretgal
Spike (Spikey) Horton  1995-2001