From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:24:37 -0400
Well, I was glad to see that not all responses to that post were flames.
Unfortunately, not everyone is well-suited to having ferrets as pets.
They are not for everybody, and I do hate that the petstores feel no
responsibility to educate people on this matter.

Yes, the person who posted about Ferret X was asking for it, but he/she
was being honsest about their feelings.  The many constructive posts where
people offered to take the ferret was the kind of thing I do like to see.
There's an old saying that you "catch more flies with honey than vinegar".
I have found that saying to be very true.

If you are upset with someone or disagree with someone, look for a
constructive answer.  Sometimes it hard not to let your anger get the best
of you, but it accomplishes absolutely nothing.  When you take an angry
approach, your words are lost on the person you are responding to - they
automatically get defensive and tune you out.  It's like they erect a
brick wall, and will not listen to anything else you say.  However, a
calmer and more constructive approach might actually accomplish something.
At least it will stand a chance.  When we allow ourselves to get worked
up over something, we are accomplishing nothing except for upsetting
ourselves.

I do wonder if the anonymous poster was trying to stir people up.  Looks
like it succeeded.  I hope the ranting and raving will be over soon.  It
gets old.  Let's drop the topic and move on to other things.  I have a
feeling I will be reading responses to that post for a long time though.
<sigh!>

Holly,
Tigger & Pooh