From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:44:07 EDT
>The young man refuses.  He moves the box (velcroed in after that), he
>goes in another corner, anywhere but in the box.  They both get plenty of
>attention and get love.  The prior owner...

hes upset...you cant blame him...hes just like a child...put a box your
gonna have to keep washing the cage cause of the smell (scent)...but
everytime he goes pick it up and put it in the litter box...dont let it
build up...and put boxes everywhere he is going if you can...if your cage
will allow it...ive had to do that and it does work...some extra attention
is helpful too..but th emost important is to stay vigil about cleaning up
th escent and putting the poop into the litter box...i have found that the
best litter to use (in my opion) is yesterdays news...you can get 30lbs
for 13.00 and that lasts me for over a month and i am changing boes
everyday and i have 11 ferrets...so it is economical...and if they should
eat it at least you dont have to wory about chemicals and or wood getting
intyo your ferrets system... ;-)

let me know if this helps you...it did us..i also have a few other tricks
to try if you need them...

sincerly,
trudie