Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:13:15 -0400
I'm sure I speak not just for myself but for many shelters out there.
Since the horrific attacks on America, the entire population has been
affected in one way or another.  Jobs have been lost, sales are down for
business owners and so on, but in the shelters, bills still pile up, there
are still little mouths to feed, vet visits, and life goes on as usual,
heck, the ferrets have no clue that we are under attack.  :-) They still
dance around like there is no tomorrow and wait for their treats, play
time and lots of love.

I have seen several post on the FML about raffles, sells on ebay and
fundraisers.  I myself sell on ebay to take care of the animals, all of
this is hard work, whether it's listing on ebay, or having a fundraiser.
It takes time and work.  I'm sure people are watching their money very
closely, but what I would like to ask everyone to do is: If you are going
to spend for Christmas gifts, please first take a look on ebay at what
shelters have for sale, I know there are others out there selling on ebay
besides myself, also go to that fundraiser, buy items there if they sell
any.  You will be getting your holiday shopping done and at the same time,
helping a shelter.  I have many bills to pay here and not much money
coming in, I have already sent a very small amount to Jackie to help with
her cost, I didn't have much, I am now putting a lot of items on ebay and
will continue on thru the holidays, I am proposing that all shelters who
sell on ebay, take at least 10% of their sales and send it to the shelter
of their choice that has some of the Utah ferrets.  This would help out a
great deal, so for those of you who buy from a shelter , you not only will
be helping that shelter but also a shelter involved with the Utah rescue.
We should all stick together in tough times.  I am afraid it's going to be
like this for a while.  So, I am giving 10% of all of my sales to help
with the Utah ferrets.  I hope others help also.  You can see all of my
items at: http://www.ebaystores.com/ferretcatrescue

Thanks so much,

Sue & the fuzzies
Okeechobee Ferret Rescue