From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:28:19 -0700
Dear All,
I would like to thank everyone for a great OKTOBERFEST at Rocky s Ferret
Rescue and Shelter in Parkton, Maryland.

Stan (the Sta in KISTA) brought his band from New Jersey and absolutely
rocked the farm!!  When they performed at OKTOBERFEST we called them "The
Ferretones", but they are known as "3 Leg Dog".  Our shelter is on a
beautiful 130 acre farm.

We had a great caterer providing treats from the grill.

We had people from about 4 states attend.  A lot of people camped out on
my farm and we sat around a bonfire with Stan on acoustic guitar till the
wee hours.  It was a hoot!

Six ferrets went home that day and 6 more since, including 3 Special Needs
getting forever homes.

I want to thank everyone, but especially Vicki Rummel our great President.
This lady is way cool!  She worked hard bringing many, many goodies to the
raffle table.  Rocky's is blessed to have her, and I am glad she's my
friend.  THEN, Kim and Stan (formerly KISTA) for doing great work and
support.  At their expense they brought the entire band for the day and
overnight.

I would like to invite the FMLers to visit our website.  There on
our Message Board are many threads of a vast array of topics.  Kim
(pooflinger) has posted some great pictures of the event and our shelter
look for her post on OKTOBERFEST.  Also, at the main page in red is the
word OKTOBERFEST, click it and it will take you to pictures of our shelter
and the event.  When you visit, be sure and say HI to everyone on the
Message Board.

Thanks again for the attendance and all the donations
that were generously contributed.

http://www.gfme.com/ferretrescue/

Affectionately,
Barbara Clay, Director of Shelter Affairs
Rocky s Ferret Rescue and Shelter, Inc.
Parkton, Md. 21120