From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:46:28 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, missing, or angeled trash can trashers...

 ...and to those who have lost loved ones to terrorism, in all it's forms,
all over the world...

If you are dealing with stupid mentalities, it usually works to talk to
them on their own level.

To give them an example, you first admonish them that you don't put
*anything* into a three-year-old's hands!  In fact, your typical mother
(and father!) with a three-year-old, spends much of their time taking
things *out* of a three-year-old's hands!  Practically anything they pick
up can be dangerous, even if it isn't a murderous baby hedgehog!

To give a comparison, would you get a pit bull, then tell the baby to
"give the doggie a kiss!"?  Do you take your "Leave me the #*&$% alone!"
cat and plop him down on your baby's lap and tell it to "make nice!"?

The entire point is that any intelligent parent will know enough not to
do something to harm their child.  If they *do* make a mistake, it isn't
the job of the township commissioners to become protective parents to the
township's children.  It isn't their job and it really isn't their
business.

A copy of the compendium could be used to show that ferrets are not
considered to be "exotic" anymore in most places.  Somewhere on the net
(I no longer know where) there is also an article called "10 Myths about
Ferrets" that would also be enlightening.  Of course, if these people
don't have any desire to be "enlightened", then remind them that they
*are* elected officials, and as such, if they insist on showing stupidity
with passage of such an amendment to the local ordinance, they can also be
"unvoted" from office and replaced with someone that has a bit more
intelligence and has a bit more of an open mind.

Todd and the (We recycled *before* you humans did!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/