From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:08:26 EDT
Tonight the postman brought a wonderful gift, a surprise from a mystery
benefactor.  Inside the box was a playmat, a beautiful playmat made by
April to benefit CJ in Las Vegas!  I remember the playmat and thinking
that Butch, Maggie, and CB would love to have it for their very own.
Unfortunately Maggie's biopsy and follow up visits didn't leave us with
money for toys, no matter how beautiful.  I felt bad because I couldn't
afford the playmat and I couldn't help CJ.

But tonight the playmat arrives with a note from April saying someone
asked her to send it to us.  And inside the box was a note wishing Maggie
well and telling Butch and Calendar Boy to have fun.  That did give me a
clue!  You see, I hadn't introduced CB or Calendar Boy to the members of
the FML, just a few special friends know about him.  Butch and Maggie
became very ill after he arrived (we don't really believe it was ECE since
he was segregated for three weeks before ending up with me) and ending up
in the hospital for three days so I didn't have time to introduce him to
the FML.

Thank you my wonderful, kind friend for your gift!  The dooking, bouncing,
and running is so wonderful to see after such a rough start!  I am
grateful for your friendship, whoever you might be!  I don't quite know
what I did to desire a friend such as you.

Thank you April for creating such a wonderful toy and speeding it on it's
way to me.  There's an Angel on our mailing list folks!

Connie, Butch, Maggie and introducing CB (short for Calendar Boy cause
he's so very handsome and should be on a calendar)

"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."  George T. Angell