From:
Tracy Kilmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:53:59 EDT
Hi everyone,
Here is some new stuff happening here.  All the kids got their rabies on
Friday, boy was that a chore.  The vet who did it does a clinic for
vaccinations once or twice a week in Spokane at various places.  Well, we
got there with the kids and got all done and then I gave the vet an extra
$20 as we had two more to do, well he didn't feel right taking it so he
took it and gave me 10 Fervac-d vaccinations.  What a great man so for
$220 we got 28 rabies and 10 Fervac-d vaccinations.  All went well with
the kids!

On Thursday my regular vet will be here at 6pm to look over all the kids.
and get us some new meds for some of them too.

Here is a story about one of our old boys.  "Dew Vessel" he is about 7 yrs
old, blind, deaf, has insulinoma, adrenal (so bald), and a bad ticker.
Now when I first started working with this little man I felt so sorry for
him.  Ha ha ha not anymore!  This guy is so very very full of energy and
excitement he makes you tired during playtime just watching him.  He
bounces off the walls, runs through tubes, is a great stuffed toy thief,
and all of this with all he has wrong.  but most of all he is out for
toes!  At first I though he was following my foot steps boy was I wrong
this guy can smell feet outside the ferret room and just goes crazy trying
to get them.  I have to go and buy a new pair of animal monster slippers
so he cant get to my feet so when I am in playing with the kids or reading
to them when they are out and I am in my comfies and don't want to but
shoes on he still cant get my feet the little foot monster.  So there is
a bit about one of our guys.  I will try to get something up once a day
about one of the kids so you can all start to get to know them better!

Also I have started placing the Utah kids so if you are in the Spokane
area and are looking for a new child we have many ready for good, loving
forever homes.  Please contact me.

Still in need of:
~filters for Holmes air purifier model HAP-291 (round)
~filters for Holmes air purifier half moon No Escape vacuum seal
~babywipes
~good quality kennel type cleaners, like Parvolan, Kennel sol or one
 close to those.
~and still could use some ADV tests.
~hammies or sleep bags.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped the kids... THANK YOU!!!!
You have all made it possible for me to help all the kids!

http://www.geocities.com/therealkechara/rescue.html

Tracy Kilmer
Ferret Rescue Of Spokane & Spokane County
1 W. Montgomery Rd.
Deer Park, WA. 99006
1-509-262-9556
PS the website should be updated in the next day..as my web person has
been sick!