From:
Win Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:26:14 EDT
Purevax(TM) produced by Merial as a ferret distemper vaccine is available
in some areas.  It is NOT available in the state of Michigan.  It has not
been approved by the Michigan Dept.  of Ag.  Our vet has tried to order it
and they will not ship to the state.  I have 12 ferts living here and 7 of
the 12 have reactions to the Fervac D.

On another note, I took in an 8 year old ferret in August that is both
blind and is Insulinomic.  He is the sweetest old guy around.  There are
places that will give care to these "unadoptable" but lovable ferrets.

To Sandy.  Please look up Spud, Rosco, Rosie and Bandit.  these four
little ones left us for the bridge over the past few months.  Bandit died
of ADV and it wasn't a very pleasant site.  We had our vet help him on
his way.  We miss all of them greatly and would hope all will have their
ferrets tested for ADV.  The tests are available from www.Avecon.com

Win and the horde of 12