From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:37:46 -0400
I just wanted to mention another ferret sighting that was recently on TV.
In last week's episode of the new show "Undeclared", one of the characters
decided to get a pet in order to look cool.  So there was a scene of him
(and a friend) at a petshop checking out the various pets.  They had a
number of shots of him with an albino ferret.  I thought it was cool to
see him considering a ferret.  The downside is that eventually the ferret
supposedly bit him on the nose so he decided not to get the ferret.  It
was obvious that the ferret didn't really bite him very hard, (looked like
a nibble) but still, ferrets get such a bad (and undeserved) reputation
for biting, that I hate to see anything that promotes that point of view.
I think it was done mainly to be humorous, as he was saying something
like, "He doesn't bite does he?" Then the ferret immediately bites him on
the nose and he starts yelling.  I still enjoyed seeing the ferret and
seeing it identified as a ferret (not a weasil or water marmot, etc.) for
a change.

Holly
Tigger & Pooh