From:
fuzziedad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 17:46:19 -0500
Hey there fuzzy Folks,

I just returned from the Chicago Show.  Here are a few observations.

Judging went very well.  They stayed on time and finished on time.  Thanks
Bill, Diane, and Lisa.

For the most part the organization of the show was good.  Two exceptions
being Vet Check was supposed to start at 7:30 am.  No one got there to
open the hall until appx.  5 minutes till 8.  The vet didn't show up for
another few hours, but on his behalf, he did go and check all the ferts
where they were, instead of asking us to take them all back up to the
table.

The raffles were great, they had some really cool stuff.  The P.A. system
was a little easier for me to understand this year.

The staff of the show were excellent, well informed, and very hard
workers.  They even announced the Afghan raffle for me a few times, and
let me do the drawing up on the stage, where I could use the microphone.
You all were great...

The winner of the Afghan was Sonny Huffman, who was present at the show
and bought his tickets there.  I, much to the chagrin of Rick & Kathy
Schradin, refused to wear the thong they brought for me to present the
afghan.  I'm sorry Rick there are laws about visually assaulting people
<grin>.  The afghan raffle brought in a little over $200 to be split
between Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter and ADV research.  A great BIG
thank you to all who helped us out with that.

I was sorry to see that the show is getting smaller and smaller each year.
There was less turn out, and less vendors.  That is truly sad, because a
lot of people put their everything into this show.

All in all it was a great show, and if you missed it, you really missed
something special.

FuzzieDad & The Blurry Furrys
http://www.blurryfurrys.com
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Moose,Screech,Hanna,Casey,Havoc,Rainbow,Dodger,
Squeeky,Midge,Taffy,Blizzard,Missy, & Grizzly.
Never forgetting Loki, Spaz, Sampson, & Charlotte