From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:51:07 -0400
Darrin vickmark <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>Subject: question for Mary and Eric at Modern Ferret
>just for giggles, i've been wondering this for quite some time...
>How well recognized are you when you go on trips throughout town and such?

Hi
I (Eric) am almost never recognized.  I do most of the photography so
there are very few pictures of me in the magazine and I rarely go on TV.

Mary gets recognized a lot.

Whenever we go to our vet (Dr. Ned Horowitz - Massapequa Pet Vet - We are
VERY happy bringing our ferrets there!) we almost always see other ferret
owners there. Mary gets recognized a lot there -- but that's like shooting
fish in a barrel.

The thing that really brings recognition is that Mary has done a lot of
different ferret segments on various local and national television shows.
Whenever she does a new show or they re-air an old segment with her, we
get recognized all over the place.  The mall, the bank, restaurants, and
at the Post Office!  Apparently a lot of people watch animal shows and
watch the ferret parts even if they don't own ferrets.

- Eric

P.S.  Our T-shirt design that benefits New York City ferret legalization
was featured in Newsday today along with a mention of issue #31's article
by Tama Janowitz with photography by Todd Oldham.  They ran the T-shirt
design in color -- if you want to see it yourself you can go to:

http://www.ferretdesigns.com/doilooklikeacriminal/index.html

All profits from the sale of this shirt go to NYC Ferrets to help legalize
ferrets in New York City.

Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies:
Trixie, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com  - http://www.ferrettradingpost.com
http://www.ferretdesigns.com - http://www.ferrettelevision.com
http://www.modernferrets.com - http://www.modernferretblog.com