Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:01:56 EST
Baritone rumblings echo
BOOm.BOom.boom.
Filling my ears with sound and vibration.
Below me, Little sleeps in my arms.

Eiree still morning sky
Black smokey clouds hover low.
Jagged light pierces the sky.
BOOM. BOom.boom

Benath me,my hand strokes the hot dry thin skin,
Legs useless Knarled paws, twisted claws. Crumbly parchment ear rims.
Little in my arms.

Suddenly
branches fly by us. Leaves streak through the air.
Now intricate flakes of snow leap and start, twisted by the quirky winds.
Tumultuous currents of air twisting snow flakes.
Rushing, drifting, diving. Sailing, Soaring. Dying.
So beautiful and brief.
life.

I hold the now limp body in my arms. The warmth is leaving.
Up to my mouth, I kiss ears, eyes, nose. Mouth.
Over and over.

Look at him Lord. You made him so beautiful.
Dear lord: Thank you for the gift of this life.

I rock him in my arms
Little asleep.
forever.