From:
Carolina Arismendi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:47:28 EST
About ferrets rubbing their/ears faces when they awake is quite normal.
It's just their way of waking up (according to my vet) some do it others
do not.  It is certainly adorable to watch.  My ferret Everest will rub
his face/ears, yawn, give kisses and start the process all over again for
5 minutes :)

By the way those of you that where nice enough to respond to me about my
Marshall food concerns it seems that he's finally eating some of the new
food.  I had to trick him by crushing some of the old pellets and then
mixing old/new pellets really well so that they all were coated with the
smell of the old.  It appears to be working for now.  Marshall Pet
Products is supposed to notify me about what the problem might be when
they receive the samples I sent them and today they even shipped me a new
bag of food.  And from what many of you have suggested I will try really
hard to switch him over to a combination of Totally Ferret and something
else as well, once things are figured out.  For now my main concern is
that I at least have one food he'll eat then I'll work on feeding him some
other foods that will be better for him.

Thanks for all your help, great tips and for letting me know that Marshall
food is not the best choice of food out there.