From:
Elena Heckathorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:43:59 EDT
Well, i suppose that ferret-flame was for real because BIG wouldn't post a
practical joke like that....would he?

How bizarre was that?  Isn't that all we ever talk about on the list - how
ferrets are mischievous little troublemakers who steal, dig, scratch, and
poop?  It's not like we needed to be told that, and it's not a secret we
keep to trap innocent newbies into being saddled with demon pets.
Muuaaahhhhaahaahahaha.....our evil plot has succeeded, comrades!!!!

IMHO the poster should get a pet s/he is intellectually and emotionally
capable of handling - perhaps a photograph of a stuffed animal.

[Moderator's note: No, it wasn't a practical joke. The poster has been on
the list for a LONG time and I have had personal communication about the
post with the poster.

Like Kim said yesterday, and as many others have said before, sometimes
the chemistry just isn't right and everyone ends up happier in different
surroundings.  How making that extremely hard decision indicates a lack
of maturity escapes me.  (I can't say the same for the flamers.)  BIG]