From:
Kate Mckinley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:22:07 -0700
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I posted.  Spaz was diagnosed with Lymphosarcoma
about 2 months ago following his second surgery for a tumor on his hind
leg.  The vet prescribed Pred twice daily-.6ml.  I have been giving him
this and have noticed a change in him.  He used to be up 4-6 hours at a
time, dooking all over the place, now it seems he is sleeping alot more.
I'm lucky if he stays awake 2-3 hours at a time.  He also has become way
more sucky.  Wants lots of laptime and cuddling.  I indulge him as much as
he wants.  He still is lively dooking all over the place.  He has gained
weight and is eating and pooping well.  Noticed he seems to drink alot
more water.  Has anybody had experience with this before?  Is this normal?
Any advice would be appreciated.  Spaz is only 1 year old, so I'm hoping
that with treatment he will be around for a long time, but I'm starting to
wonder.  My husband thinks he's changed because of the medication, and
says we should wean him off it and just let him live out his days happy
like he was.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Kate and the Spaz monster