From:
Alicia Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:01:31 -0500
Hi everybody, I wanted to thank everyone for the tips, I had several
replies so I haven't had time to thank everyone personally, Right now I
am visiting the different websites you've recommended and have found out
some interesting facts on the ferrets.  My friends ferret that I'm
watching turns out to be a boy.  I have been feeding him Iams kitten food
which is what my cat eats and he seemed to like it.  I don't have a pet
store in my town,only a Wal Mart which only sold ferret food made of corn
meal so I figured the Iams would be better.  I have a Petco in a town
about 40 miles from here does anyone know if they carry a good brand of
ferret food?  I have noticed that on the ferret websites they recommend
Total Ferret.  Does petco have that?  One other thing I have thought of is
deworming, is this necessary for ferrets as is for dogs and cats, if so
what do I use?  The peeing and pooping has slowed down some, it probably
had to do with the fact that since my friend didn't have any family and
him and his roommate were both in the car accident noone was home with the
ferret and it took us friends a couple days to find out about the wreck
since the paper didn't release their names, the ferret was left in his
cage for 2 days before anyone knew his owner hadn't been home, the
roommates dad took me down to unlock the door and the ferret was without
food but had water, so he probably over ate to make up for the time he
spent without food, he was really skinny when I got him.  Right now we
are calling him Binky because I can't remember what my friend called him,
and he is a pretty cinnamon color.  I will let everyone know how we are
coming along in the next few days.

Thanks!
Alicia