From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:24:56 EDT
I was very lucky this past weekend to meet 2 wonderful folks from the FML.
Elana and Collin.  They drove 5 hours to come help do adoptions at the Luv
A Pet Center on Friday and Saturday.

They did ferret education, cleaned ears and trimed nails and had fun
playing with the ferrets!

They even did a rescue for me!  On Saturday there was a ferret at the
pound that need out, her euthanisa date was that evening.  Elana and
Collin went to the pound and paid her adoption fee and saved her life.
When they brought her to me at Petsmart, she was a very dirty little
female albino!  They gave her a bath, did ears and nails and she cleaned
up very well.  Elana named her Miss Myrtle.  Miss is such a sweetheart,
she is about 3 yrs old, and in great health!

Elana now knows the feeling of saving a ferret life, doing a rescue, just
how good it feels.  I know she fell in love with Miss Myrtle and wanted to
bring her home, but could not at the time.  I hope to see her and Collin
soon, they are great people and wonderful ferret lovers!  Maybe Miss
Myrtle will still be here..........

Now I didn't have much time to spend with Collin and Elana because after
work Friday I had to drive to the Yermo Cal agg station to pick up a
ferret.  The ferret had been there a week, The owners kept telling the agg
station they were going to come back for the ferret, well they never did.

It was a long drive, I have been fighting a flu for over a week, and was
dead tired, but if i didn't go Friday the agg station manager was going to
send the ferret away, for euthanisa.  He said it was there too long as it
was.  I'm suprised they even kept it that long, the guys at that station
are really good.  They want to see the ferret get to a safe place.  Its
very important with dealing with California officals to keep a good
relationship, this helps get the ferrets get to a safe place.

Anyway, I picked up a beautiful chocolate sable male, about 8 months old.
He is a very playful and sweet guy.  I named him Tober.  He will be up for
adoption in about a week, after a vet check and observation time.  Even
though I'm adopting ferrets out they are still comming in, please consider
giving a ferret a home, what a great way to start the holiday season.  We
have so many needing homes, all ages, colors, personalities!  gotta go!

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Las Vegas Nevada
702-876-8224