From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:28:45 -0600
A post on the fml has left me with the impression tha she is trying to
convince us, by her knowledge that Feline Pine is dangerous, and causes
respiratory problems in ferrets and other small mammals.

In the last year, we have gone through over five tons of Feline Pine here
at the shelter.  I have watched a cup of pure ammonia poured into a small
bowl of Feline Pine and smelled the litter 30 seconds later to find no
trace odor of ammonia.  The manufacturer also has reassured me the
tocopherols in the pine have been "cooked out" or processed so that it is
safe for all animals.

I talked with Rick D. at Natures Earth Products a couple of days ago and
was made agreat deal on the Feline Pine.  I normally pay about 28 cents a
pound for the 20# bags, but this deal was 18-19 cents a pound for the 9.1#
bags.  Even though we always buy at least 2000# an order, Natures Earth
will not give shelters terms and because of bad timing, I needed to be
able to pick up the litter on friday.  I tried to wire the money Western
Union, but Rick D.  says he didn't have the time because the deal was so
small and he wouldn't waste his time going to pick up the money.  His lack
of tact, and decent customer relation skills has caused me to go elsewhere
for my litter.  Sorry Rick, you just lost a good customer and someone who
has promoted your product to many businesses.  Watch your sales and
commisions dwindle after this.

Yesterday, after looking around, We found "Heatrs" wood stove pellets in
40# bags for $2.79 at Home Depot.  That comes out to .07 cents a pound.
We took deliver of 2000#.  It was quick and simple and we only spent
around $150 plus gas to go get it.  So far, I like it!

Feline Pine is a good product, but no matter how good the product, any
Company who has staff that insults their customers and doesn't "waste"
their time on the small deals, needs to reorganize or get out business.
There is just something about us customers.....we like to feel needed and
important once in awhile too!

Hugs to all,
Ferretguy