From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:14:42 -0400
Hi Everyone,
First let me ask Trudie where she gets 30lbs of yesterday's news for
$13???  I have looked everywhere and am only able to get 10lbs for that
price which is the same price as Marshall's ferret litter.

I use a mix of Marshall's ferret litter, alfalfa pellets(read that in
ferret USA mag) and wood stove pellets.  They say to use things that are
not dusty.  Well let me tell ya when my husband dumped the Marshall's to
mix it, it was a dusty mess.  The wood stove pellets and alfalfa pellets
work really well and when they get wet they break down to wet sawdust
which is easily taken out.  The Marshall's which is like the Yesterday's
News absorbs and you cannot tell what is wet so it is harder to pick and I
feel that I use so much more.  I clean the pan 2-3x and sometimes 4x a day
with 2 ferrets.  I have not to this time had a problem with them eating or
playing with the woodstove/alfalfa mix.  All of these would break down and
pass through their system whereas the newspaper type litter, ex Marshall's
& yesterday's news, if ingested will absorb alot of moisture and I would
think block the system.  If it states it absorbs 400% more what does that
tell ya?

I really think it is a personal decison.  I would personally never use
anything with oils like pine or cedar because they are not even good for
people.  If it gets on the ferts paws and they lick it they are ingesting
some of the oils.

Hope no one minds me putting in my 2cents :-)
Love & angel hugs
Debbie & her "crew"