Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 04:31:33 -0500
Well, after recovering from self-inflicted head wounds, I decided to join
in the fun....

My favorite ferret is PeaPie, since she was my first and now only girl.
She is my kissy baby, my toe biter, and my sock stealer extraordinaire.
She got her name from playing "peapie" with me in and out of the box I
brought her home in--I was totally unprepared to bring her home that day,
but she made the trip anyhow.

Lightning is my favorite ferret because he likes to sneak into the 'fridge
trying to get to the baby food he knows is there.  He is my "old man" now
at the ripe old age of 2.5 (or there abouts).  He is also the only fert I
have that will war dance backwards.

Thunder was my favorite, even tho' he's gone to the bridge now, because he
was the one who would literally attack me for the squeak toy.  He was my
favorite even when he spilled a practically full bottle of ferretone.  I
laughed so hard at how he was trying to lick it all off of himself at
once--and he was *covered*--and trying to fight off the rest of the crew
because, after all, possession *is* 9/10ths of the law.  Going to pick up
him and his brother Lightning was a fun trip for me and my husband, and a
great surprise for my kids when they saw 2 new fuzzies.

Harriette was my favorite, even when she chomped on my nose and wouldn't
let go.  She was the boss of the crew, and would squeak, squeal and squawk
all night if necessary to prove it.  She loved torturing to cat (which was
why she bit my nose in the first place, I was scolding her!).  She was my
first loss, and the hardest....

Tubby (aka Tub o' Lard) is my favorite because he loves to pounce on
anything and everything, including the cat and my red sweat pants--
preferably while I'm wearing them.  He is the only one that the cat will
scruff and drag, even tho' he's almost as big as the cat.  He loves his
peanut butter treats, and will eat peanut butter right out of the jar if
you let him.

Frisco wasn't around for very long, but he was my favorite too because he
was a lap baby.  He loved to give kisses, and even near the end gave me
kisses to let me know he knew I loved him.

Bilbo is my favorite because he is the first "baby" I've ever had.  He's
all of 13 weeks old, loves to nip and just looks sooooo funny when he
tries to drag around a soda can that is almost the same size as he is.
Bilbo is *my* brat even tho' he's supposed to be adopted soon.  He's a
total spaz that tries to take off with cigarette packs in pockets.

I just can't imagine my life now without these little bouncing balls of
pooping fur.  Especially when one of them makes a huge mess (like PeaPie
and Tubby are now) and then looks at you with the most innocent face, like
"what, you don't like my rearranging job?" Time to put them to bed, before
my house comes down around my ears!  (I totally *don't* wanna know what
that crashing sound was!!!)

Blessings from the peanut gallery
Tammy K
War Dance Haven
(missing Harri & Thunder & Frisco)

Trying to explain ferret math to a non ferret owner
is like trying to explain Physics to a 3 year old.