From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:08:19 -0700
I posted last week that I needed to find an old guy to pair up with my
bald lady Alice.  Even though there are 10 other ferrets in the house,
plus rescues to be adopted out, Alice needed a special older man to share
her life and Barb had just the candidate!

I've known Barb Clay of Rocky's Rescue in Parkton, MD for a bit now, year
or so, can't remember when I first ran into her.  At the time I was doing
fundraising for KiSta and only shared ideas about fundraising with Barb,
attended a BFC meeting as her guest and enjoyed her company at shows!
But, up until this past Sunday I never actually set foot in Rocky's, nor
had the opportunity (or space) to adopt one of her fuzzies.

I can sum up my visit by simply saying, it was much too short!  Barb is 2+
hours from me, so we only had a short time to spend before needing to head
home.  My daughter, Tori, tagged along, as well as Alice.  We had a great
time visiting with all the fuzzies, most got at least a few minutes out of
the cage as Tori fussed over one after the other!

If you've never visited Barb's, but live in the general area and have room
for some new furkids in your home, I guarantee a visit to Rocky's will be
the best decision you make this fall!!  Barb has some beautiful kids for
adoption, all in a fun, bright rescue.  We arrived almost unannounced and
the shelter was clean and organized, the furkids had nice bedding and were
well fed, some REALLY well fed little butterballs!  :) The decision to
drive to Barb's was made about 11:50 p.m.  Saturday night, we arrived
about 9:30 a.m.  Sunday morning!

I have not been active with any shelter since KiSta closed it's doors, but
without a doubt, I'll be helping out with Rocky's, so start looking on
ebay for those great bedding auctions I posted all the time!  I loved
working with Kim Rushing and am thrilled to find another person so
dedicated to the ferrets and providing such a wonderful and loving shelter
like Barb!

Remember, if you are thinking about adopting, visit Rocky's!!  Barb has
some great kids waiting for you and she loves the company!!  Guaranteed,
you'll have a blast while finding a new baby!

I could not be happier with the old guy Barb said would be perfect... She
was so right!  Jose is 7 years old and is blind, but very active, gets
around just great!  He is a sweetheart that loves to give kisses and
cuddle, but still dances around and goes for the tubes!  He is a wonderful
addition to our family and I'm thrilled Barb allowed us to bring this
special old guy home!

Not sure where to find Barb.... here's a hint :)

http://www.gfme.com/ferretrescue/

Jen and Gang