From:
paula bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:13:57 -0700
To Troy Lynn & Razz:
I have been away from the FML for quite a while, but I wanted to report
to you about my little albino girl, Heidi von Fredonia.  As you might
remember, she came from the massive rescue you organized in KS, lo those
many years ago, and has been living with me since then in Tampa, FL.  I
became ill @ 2 years ago, and she was the only baby I could keep from my
rescue.  The incredible Pennie Paulick took the rest of the business
(bless her forever for that!), but Heidi stayed with me.

She has always been prone to respiratory infection, and this week, one
almost took her from me.  Thanks to Jackie(dooknook) & Barbara (tsunami) &
their careful training & duck soup recipes, as well as FerretVite & my own
ability to live without sleep, she has pulled through.  She is pooping,
peeing, eating & drinking on her own.  Her fever is gone, and the brat
did a lick-lick-chomp on me tonight.

Heidi is a wonderful ferret in her own right, but she also was the baby
who brought me into deeper contact with this list & the wonderful national
network of ferret people.  Without her, I might never have met Jim Higgins
or Plashette or Mike Janke or Barbara or Marty Swartz or my dearest friend
Jackie.  By living with me when I was so very sick, she kept me focussed
on how much I love our babies & our community.

tle & Razz, thank you for the gift of Heidi.  I will keep her healthy &
sassy as long as I am able to.  Someday, I can see opening up my rescue
again, but until then, I see all the ferrets who have shared their lives
with me in Heidi's eyes.  I hear the voices of Odessa & Eli & Stubby &
Ben & Boris & Natasha & the others in her chatter.  I see Conan in her
eyes, and Rikki, and...

I'm getting teary eyed & I have her feeding again before I sleep.  When
it's time, she will go peacefully.  Until then, I will fight for her, and
I will win.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....
Paula