From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:43:40 -0700
Ferrets love wood stove pellets, and when they are first introduced, yes
many ferrets will pick one up and run off, just as they do with a piece
of food.  They may even eat it, I find the obvious evidence of this in a
ferret poop maybe once every two months, and my ferrets have used only
wood pellets for years.  The pellet won't go through as a big loggy lump
because it quickly breaks down when wet, it just comes out as little bits.

Our Welly loves nothing better than a clean litter box.  When we wash the
boxes and re-fill them, Welly will ALWAYS take a nap in the box before
Kouri has 'sullied' it.

My suggestion to those who are making a change from clay litters to wood
pellets is to put a few poops into the pellets.  Offering it as a new item
INSIDE the cage might work better than suprising them with it out of the
cage.  I think they will grasp the message easier when it's in their cage,
in the regular potty box, same old place, etc.

Georgia - the left coast one...