From:
lisa zeffiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:52:37 -0400
Hello all..I have a question.

I have two girls I brought home 2 days apart, both about 8 weeks old.
They both had a kit nipping thing which of coarse passed.  I have trained
them both the same way.  They are now both 6 mos old.  The other day one
of my girls bit my husband on the nose and drew blood.  She is alittle
more agressive then the other and plays more ruffly.  My friend came over
today and picked her up to say hello and she latched on the her nose ( I
had told her to be carful if she put her toward her face).  When I went
over to her I grabbed her by her scruff and saying no, no response, tried
to open her mouth which she had clenched shut.  She wouldn't let go.  When
we got her off my friend had 2 holes on each side of the top of her
nostrals and she bleed.

My other girl (Pumpkin) is very gentle but will wrestle hard with Monkey.
I have her at my face 20 times a day and she has made a swipe for my nose
(once or twice since I had her) but hasn't latched on.  Do you think she
has a disliking to noses?  Maybe it's their unfamiliar smells (I'm home
all day with them)?  I have never gone through the "teenage years" with
ferrets before so could it be something that will pass?  Is there a way I
can train her to stop bitting noses?  Thanks for you help.

LJBPM