Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:38:57 +0100
Hi

I'm pretty sure that there still is a 6 month quarantine if you bring a
ferret into the UK.  I don't know if they have reduced the length of the
quarantine.  I also don't know how far they've got with their UK pet
passports but they haven't included ferrets, yet.  You can bring dogs and
cats into the UK from European countries, I'm not sure if America is
included, yet.  But dogs and cats have to undergo tests right before
coming into the country and need to be wormed and all sorts and their
vaccinations have to be done at a certain time before entering the
country, even if you bring a cat or dog here, it's pretty confusing.

Ulrike
and Jilly, Jack, Bella, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno, Rose, Jasmine,
Spike, Hobo, Gremlin and Bobby

Missing Angel, Hope, Igor, Barney and Tom

West Wales Ferret Welfare
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk
Last update 26/08/01