From:
Dale Mathurin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:32:10 -0400
First I want to say thanks to all those who helped with the Utah ferrets.
Your devotion is amazing.  I have been trying to give as much time to help
Jackie here getting ready for the 38 she received.That took about 3 days
and more than one person.  I will continue to help Jackie any time she
needs.  I thought my 4 was a lot of poop.

Yes if you are broke you can still help.  Cages need cleaning, ferrets
need socializing.  The need nails trimmed and ears need cleaning.  I have
learned more in the last 3 days then I ever wanted to learn.  I have never
had any of my 4 sick and yes I have a 7 year old MF.  It is time to stop
all of this back in fourth about SOS.  I don't know them but if my shelter
person is supporting them then that is good enough for me.  If you aren't
comfortable with it then send a donation some other way.  Order some
supplies on line and have it sent and every time you do, mention your
shelter as the referring person so more of the advertising dollars will go
to the shelter.You can send some money to the vet your shelter is being
used.  I' ve seen these babies there is going to be some huge bills with
out including the adrenals.  I have also learned a few other things: Not
being able to get my hair or nails done isn't to important or that I am
not very athletic anymore.  The ferrets don't care.  They still love the
bald Sadie and Stubby doesn't care that his bottom drags he just plays and
dances anyway.  Also my 11 year old son that I thought was selfish and
self centered donated his birthday money with out being asked or told
about the cost or anything.

thank you for listening and I won't bother replying to any flames.  I am
too busy cleaning poop at the shelter.

Gen
PS. Sorry about the length but it needed to be said.