Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:29:07 EST
From:
At night, I open the porch door so the ferrets get invigorating cold
fresh air.  They snap out of their sleepy mode and dance around and
fight each other in front of the door.  A black cat would sit on the
porch each night watching.

Each night he calls to me for his dinner in a lovely voice, and I
provide fresh warm chicken or AD moist cat food.  The ferrets snuffle
the air and stare out into the dark.  Mini-Me climbs up the screen to
the top of it then slides down.

Christmas night I had a new winter home almost ready.  I did not want to
use it, as I was hoping to capture the black cat before now.  On
Christmas Eve, it ate half in and half out of the door after I kicked
all the ferrets into one room.  But it did not come all the way in.  It
was time for the outdoor house I had constructed.

It was bitter cold here the last 2 nights.  The house is up and out on
the porch since Christmas night..  But the cat has not come back since
that night..

My guess is that he froze to death.

I know that I gave him fresh water and food every day for about 7
months-about as long as a wild cat lives outdoors around here.  If the
poor thing is dead-at least I know I was able to keep him alive and
healthy all of these months.

As the new year begins, and we worry about the economy, meet new people,
face the pressures of a down sized office at work, and live our lives---

please don't forget how easy it can be to live little acts of kindness:
Letting someone in front of us in traffic. Having patience with some old
woman driving 30 miles an hour in a 50 mile an hour zone. Opening the
door for people with packages or children. Collecting lint to save for
the birds to nest in the spring Donating to Save A Pet or the salvation
army Giving of your time to a shelter Saving newspapers for your shelter
Writing a E-mail to someone on the FML who has lost their baby Caring
for a homeless cat or dog. The ways to help are endless.

We can never make the world perfect.  But we can start the New year with
renewed love and respect for the environment, all species, and for
ourselves.

Safe and healthy wishes for the next year-
For all of you and your beloved ferrets.