Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:16:18 -0700
From:
melissa hooper <[log in to unmask]>
>Permit me to let you in on a secret.  Advantage comes in different sizes,
>but the fluid contained in all the sizes is the same stuff exactly, just
>more or less of it.  The best way to buy Advantage is the "Dogs, 55 lb and
>over".  Then you use a syringe to extract 0.2 ml and apply that to your
>ferret.  The kitten size has 8 ferret doses in a 4 tube pack.  The large
>dog size has 80 ferret doses in the 4 tubes in a pack.  Both sizes cost
>approximately the same.

Questions...will the remaining supply be safe for future use?  IOW, will
it go bad if the tube is opened, or if you create a hole in the tube
with the needle?  Should it be refridgerated after opening, sealed in an
airtight package, etc?  This is not an attempt at being argumentative or
anything...I am genuinely interested.  Any vets out there know about the
pros/cons of using part of a vial and storing the rest?

Also, I noticed the other day that the flea halt products now read "for
cats and ferrets".  Just thought that was interesting...they've actually
started marketing them for ferrets, now.

thanks, melissa & the zoo