Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:26:32 -0400
From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
dear "Anonymous"...

>Dear Kat,
>Whereas your letter was touching, it was not based on fact.  So many
>shelters are lied about and hurt by people with "personal" agendas.  You
>write you "heard something" and "not even in my state" and "I have not
>been there and I will never every go there".  You do not know that she was
>killed intentionally because her only problem was blindness.  However,
>because of your writing another shelter is put into the rumor mill.

What shelter?...who did i name?...i asked ppl to be responsible and
inquire into the practices of the shelter they may deal with...the
shelters with nothing to hide should appreciate this inquiry...

>Since visiting is not convenient to you, how about calling the shelter
>mom or dad and addressing the issue directly...

it is a 4 hour drive...it is NOT out of the question...i would have
e-mailed the gentleman directly..but was told he did not have an e-mail
addy...and i can NOT see the main club giving me his phone number...

my e-mail addy is right at the top of this...if they care to e-mail
me ...i will be glad to talk to him myself...

>rather than trying to get a ground swell of FMLers to think horribly and
>speculate which shelter this is, based on "info" provided you.  Far too
>often the venue of the FML is maliciously used to hurt a shelter with
>absolute fabrications and distortions of actual events.  People come onto
>the FML with "stories" then invite everyone to contact them for the "rest
>of the story".  So often these "stories" are debunked but NEVER is a
>retraction posted on the FML by the accuser.

i asked no one to cantact me for "the rest of the story"...that was not my
intention...and still is not...i did not try to rile up fml'ers...just to
let them see that not every place is the same...not everyone thinks the
same...to make sure where they went had their same values...

this story has NOT been refuted...i also have access to a copy of the
story...i do NOT want to post it...i do not know if there are copyright
laws in regards to it or not either...if the ppl who wrote it want me to
send it in...then i will...

>The ferrets lose.

>yes...if they are euthanized....they all deserve a chance at love and
>security...

>I suggest if you find this triage practice happening then shell your
>money and time out and offer to take "imperfect" ferrets from this
>shelter/club/organization or whatever you heard it to be.

i AM authorized by my shelter to do just that...who do i contact?...if
someone can privately mail me with that info...i would really like to
offer this...we are willing to drive the 4 hours to get these kids...
more than willing...

>You are either part of the Problem or part of the Solution!  Today you
>are on the Problem side, as well as your cowardly informer.

i am trying to be part of the solution...i intentionally did not name the
place...i was not trying to cause trouble for a certain place...i was
hoping to find a way to contact them to see if i could either show them
the practice is not necessary...or to offer my services to take these
babies off their hands...

as for the person who told me...you are VERY wrong...they did not even
KNOW i was going to post anything...do anything...this hit me so
strongly...so hard...i felt the little girl's loss so deeply...i took it
upon myself to say something...they did not even know till after the
fact...i was told as a friend sharing a hurt they felt...maybe i abused
that confidence by saying something...and for that...i am sorry to the
person who told me...

i hurt deeply for this little ferret, Molly...no where did this story
mention anything else wrong...

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Moderator's note: Excerpts such as below are likely ok.  Normally I
would insist on attribution, but in this case I think it's obvious that
such attribution might be asking for trouble...  BIG]

"I brought Molly to my vet one rainy Monday evening.  He did several tests
of sight and also found no reaction in her pupils to light.  He agreed
with my suspicions, Molly was blind.  He said he would put her to sleep
and would agree with my decision I made.  I thank my vet for his
understanding and reassurance.

Molly was put to sleep that same evening for her sake and the good of the
care home.

If you think what I did for Molly was worng.  Then try running a care home
and try making the decision that I had to make.  No one wants to adopt a
sick, old or disabled ferret.  Believe me I've tryed!  Molly is no longer
trying to cope in a "seeing world" and I know I will see Molly again
waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for me with perfect vision."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>A Shelter Parent - anon because the dark side of few FMLers are vicious
>and I don't want my ferrets hurt because I have an opinion that may piss
>some off.  [RY]

kat...no reason to hide...i have an opinion...i face the consequences
of it..

---
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive  http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey, Meeja, Pye, Noodles, Sandi, Hope-HollyHeart,
Eddie, Lucky, Cissy, Uh-Oh, Jack, Sassy-too, Angel, Lefty-LuvBug, and
"Sonny"!...Holding "Li'l Bear" in my Heart...
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Charlie and Geezer!
My ferret Afghans! http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret
Vote for my site at http://www.ultimatetopsites.com/general/fuzziedad/
Where the best ferret pages are located.