From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:23:22 -0800
i use shredded newspaper for my small animals (rats, mice, and hedgehogs),
but would not use it for my ferrets.  other than in their litter areas,
they don't need disposable bedding... they're much more inclned to the
comfort of a blanket or towel or old t-shirt.  yes washing is no fun, but
if you accumulate enough bedding, you can do it in a big industrial
washer at the laundromat every month or so--actually pretty efficient.

ferrets are burrowers by nature, but not nesting animals, and thus don't
need a nest-type bedding.

plus, even if the ink is totally safe, you'll still have
newsprint-gray ferrets...

-kat-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.