From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:06:11 -0400
Hi Everyone....
A big furry fuzzy hello... :-).  I know that you are all probably tired of
hearing the litter news but I have to chime in once again with big KUDOS
for Yesterday's News.  I have tried just about everything starting with
clay litter(yucky), then went to the mix of wood pellets(seemed awfully
big to me) with alfalfa pellets.  We then added in Marshall's ferret
litter which at $55 a 50lb bag shipped was outrageous but we mixed that
in as well.  We found MFL to be very dusty...boo to MF... Ok so I finally
find Yesterday's News and we tried it tonight and I was impressed.  I did
the water test and loved how quickly it soaked it up and reacted to the
water.  I actually had to crumble it in my fingers to make it break up but
it did.  We have 2 kittens in the ferret room right now(they think they
are ferrets..hee hee) and they were thrilled with YN.  We had them on
clumping, bad choice in a ferret room but now that our ferrets are free
roam in that room we had to act quick.  So we switched kittens back to
clay and man did the room smell.  We had a small pan of mix in the corner
for the ferrets.  Well let me say as soon as we put YN in totally in the
large pan the ferrets went crazy in it and the kittens loved it.  I went
back in the room later tonight to check on the crew and both kittens had
just pooped and the ferrets had also gone in there.  Unbelievable no smell
at all!!!  I pay under $13 for 30lbs but I am getting double the amount of
litter compared to the clumping litter as we poured it into the old large
containers.  So now the decision comes to switch the rest of the house of
13 cats over to YN because of absolutely no dust.  I mean none at all.  I
was impressed to say the least.  I know that there are people that cannot
afford that litter with lots in the house but for those of you that can I
highly suggest it.  Talk to your local stores about carrying it and if you
have cats definitly try it.  Well worth it.  This way we can use a smaller
amount and dump the pans more frequently which I like.  Hope this helps..

Love & ferret hugs
Debbie