From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:40:51 -0700
Great posts people!  Excellent points.  I did shiver at one post that
suggested this person would be better off with a cat.  NO!  This person
would be better off without any animals...PERIOD!  In fact, I hope this
person does not ever consider having kids of their own, since they are
much more difficult to "get rid of" LOL!  However, there is a slight
possibility that this person is lonely and just trying to make waves on
the FML, it might not even be a true situation.  You never know and the
suggestions you all made were excellent (especially the offers to take
the ferrets in).  Whoever "anonymous" is, certainly can skip the next part
of my post.

To those who do love animals:

There must be a heaven for the animal friends we love.
They are not human, yet they bring out our own humanity...
sometimes in ways that others cannot.
They do not worry about fame of fortune...
instead they bring our hearts nearer to the joy of simple things.
Each day they teach us little lessons in trust and steadfast affection.
Whatever heaven may be, there's surely a place in it for friends as good as
these.

I sent the above to my inlaws who are putting Hooch, their fourteen year
old pitbull and loving family member to sleep tonight.  He is their first
and only pet.  This is not a good day for me, he is such a great dog, but
very, very ill with cancer.

Take care all.