From:
queenneenthirteen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:53:55 -0700
>From:    the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
>
>i think the only thing that makes me skeptical about the "i'm having a
>kid, gotta lose the ferts" posts is that i feel like *maybe* the people
>posting have come to a somewhat uninformed decision that now that they're
>having a kid, they simply *can't* continue to care for their ferts.  they
>really think they're doing what's best for the fuzzies by giving them up,
>becaus they've seen so much that says "small kids and fuzzies don't mix"
>out there...
>
>...perhaps some of you who have had children into a ferreted household
>would be willing to write some sort of page addressing these issues?
>i'd edit it for publishability... modern ferret could run it...
>
>i think it would be a great resource.
>
>-kat-

kat-

this is something i may well be able to help you with (writing up a new
baby/ferret FAQ) in the somewhat near future.  i am presently expecting
a new and very unexpected/unplanned baby in 6 months or so.  and, i have
NO intention o' giving up my furkids.  afterall, i already have a husband,
a 12-year old daughter, multiple dogs, cats, rats, guinea pigs and 7
adorable and beloved fuzzbutts.  i also volunteer at the local fert
shelter twice a week.  i figure with all that i have on my plate, a new
wiggly addition will not change that much...i have just come to the
conclusion that i am a "life-magnet".

i'd be happy to write something up in terms o' how all the critters get on
with the baby, once it gets here sometime in may.

i can understand how some people think they would not be able to handle a
baby and ferrets together.  but how many people get rid o' their dogs or
cats, just because a new baby comes home?  giving up my animals for a
newborn is NOT an option for me.  it'll just be a little more work.  ;)

kisses-
-nina...and jacko-bytacko, atlas, cypress, marla mae, "evil" athena,
diva-athena, and adidas-ophelia!