From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:37:51 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2001 6:52:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Ferrets4us
writes:
>do you know what i mean?

Oh yeah, absolutely.  You know and I agree in principle with everything
you've said, and try my hardest in life to practice it.  I also try to
help others practice it when they have trouble.  And it should be stated
as it has been repeated on the FML for certain.  It can't be stated
enough... especially for newbies.

But you must admit, once in a while someone gets so angry in trying to
post this ... the whole point is often lost in the anger.  And that's no
good.  I've seen on posting boards on the web too, that sometimes...
people are not trying to educate people and teach/remind them of
priorities, but trying to more judge and condemn them.  I worry about the
people who are truly in dire straights.  And I just worry that in the
meantime, the animal won't be helped.

I fear that if people are too afraid to post that they are giving up their
ferrets/pets, that they will be dumped or not given a good home in the
long run.  I figure much of the time,,, you can not change these peoples
minds.  If they are in truly dire conditions they have in the mean time
been "hurt" so to speak, and do not get help.  For those that fall into
the bracket you've described, if they are "that way", usually they are
"that way".... you can not change their mindset most (though certainly
not all) of the time.  So I just was hoping that in my post people are
reminded that: 1) you dont' know the whole story with some and never will,
and you are not them so keep that in the back of your mind

2) there should be education not mud slinging... theres a difference

3) number one should be to help the animal

This was just a gentle reminder and hopefully a thought provoker for
people. :)  I was hopeing all opinions would be aired... that is the road
to solution... communication not harsh words.  I value what you say.  And
truly I do agree.  I hope most people agree, but I know there are those
that don't.  I tried not to, you know, lean to one side of the fence too
much with this post.  I thought it important for people to think rather
than focus on what I happen to believe.

Thank you so much for your equally thought provoking post.  I think most
people will agree with it.  For those that don't, you have presented
yourself directly and intelligently and that is what my post was about.
To encourage your kinds of posts.  That was my point.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: