From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:58:53 -0500
>From:    Ardith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Need New Family
>
>Our mommy and daddy are having a new human baby soon.  They are very
>sorry, but they tell us they will no longer have the time to give us two
>girls the attention we need and deserve.... My sister comes with a crib,
>a blankie, and a potty chair.  I come with a box of toys and some of our
>favorite things to eat.  Our mommy and daddy tell us they really love us.
>That is why they must send us away.  We do not understand...... Please
>help us understand.
>
>The first two human children.

I really like the way you worded that.  It disturbs me, too, to see people
giving up their ferts.  As far as I'm concerned, when you adopt a ferret
you make a commitment for the life of that ferret.  The addition of a
human baby doesn't alter your debt to the ferret nor does a new apartment
that doesn;t allow them.  They have bonded with you and love you with an
unquestioning love and there is no way they can understand that you
thought "It's better for the ferret." Bull hocky, when someone says that,
I think they are just too lazy to fulfill their commitment.  Thanks for
saying it better than I could.

Folks, if you aren't prepared to commit to a ferret for the life of the
ferret, get a damn goldfish or something.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you think A-1 Sauce taste great on 'possum.