From:
Robert Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:43:43 +0800
Hi all, i really havent posted here in a long time, and i must confess i
havent really been keeping up to date due to a lack of time.  But just
before im writing this post i read a post on Nail clipping, where someone
said how they skipped a nail clipping day (it gets done once a week
apparently there) and it ended in pain for a ferret.

Well i was guilt-tripped to hell and back by reading that, nail clipping
in my house is a very difficult thing, both my ferrets are horrors when it
comes to clipping there nails, it is seriously nearly impossible.  I have
to have at least one person holding them and me cutting, and even then i
can never take them very short because they keep jerking there paws
around.

And i must confess i succumb to the procrastination syndrome far to often
AKA "the claws arent that long i'll do them when theres someone around to
help me" and as a result the ferrets nails get done once a month if that.
I knew this wasnt good enough but it didtn seem that bad (the fuzzys have
never caught there nails on anything nor seemed in any discomfort and the
nails really dont seem that long).  So when i hear about other people
having to cut there ferrets nails at least once a week i wonder if my
ferrets are drastically different.

For some more info there main play area is concrete (the vet told me this
could help keep there nails down).

So im posting to ask if anyone has any good ideas to help with nail
clipping time (btw i live in australia where there are no products like
ferretone) and i would be interested to know how often other people cut
there ferrets nails and how long you consider "long" nails to be.

Thank you very much.
From Robert and the furrkids (Clarice and Cora)