From:
StarAngels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:43:52 -0700
(more on nyc ferret)
----- Original Message -----
From: Jane A.
My ferret friends,

The woman who has been keeping Brownie has not been returning phone calls.
I feel dreadful about it.  It's always shocking when you meet up with
someone who isn't responsible and concientious regarding other living
things.  It's always wonderful to meet those, like you, who are.  Honest,
you made my heart sing when I got your e-mails:

Cheryl-Anne was arranging a ferret relay from New York City to Niagara
Falls, Ontario where she could pick him up and take him home to Hamilton,
Ontario.  She thought she could get a driver from her company to do that.
Jillian thought she could do the Niagara Falls, NY to Canada transfer.
Amy was the Buffalo, NY leg of the relay.  There were a bunch of people
trying to put this relay together: Randy in Toronto, who also offered to
help financially, and others!

Gloria thought of someone in Western New York who might work out.  Beth
thought she had an interested ferreter in Long Island.

Amy wanted to figure out a way to get him to South Bend, Indiana!

Pam was going to meet me halfway to central Pennsyvania.  Cheryl was
going to meet me halfway to Albany, NY.  Tracy and her husband were ready
to give him a good home in Connecticut.  Gina was willing to drive from
Maryland!

Barry in New York would have been a great placement for me!  Steve and
Cheryl had a home for him in South Jersey.  Vicky in Upstate New York.

Nancy , Linda and Starangels crossposted to helpful lists.

And there were more people who were racking their brains trying to
think of someone who would take him.

I was willing to transport him and accompany him any way I could.  I would
have helped financially, too: vet visit, transportation, anything to get
him "home": Dru, Kristin, and Brenda.

If I hear from Brownie's keeper, I'll let you know, but I didn't want to
keep you all hanging: even if it was bad news.  If I get a rescue call for
another ferret, I'd like very much to contact you all again through the
lists.

Thanks so much.  Thanks so much.

Jane in New York City