From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:38:43 -0400
I'm hoping for some ideas on a couple of things for my ferrets.

Cage Toys:
As playful as my babies are outside the cage (they are out for at least
three times a day for at least 2 hours each time) they don't seem to do
much when in the cage.  I have put little ping pong type balls in there
and hung bird toys or ferret dangle toys - all to the lack of interest by
my fuzzies.

They just seem to cuddle up for a nap whenever they are put in the cage.
Do most ferrets just resign themselves to sleep when in the cage?  I'd
love to give them more to entertain themselves while in the cage.  Any
ideas?  (they have a four level superpet cage with bubble tubes connecting
the level)

Carrier Advice:
My fuzzies have only been in the cage for small 15-20 min trips.  I would
like to sometime take them with me for occassional overnight when visiting
friends an hour away.  My main concern is adapting a litterbox for them.
They only use HUGE litterboxes and I have a med size carrier.  Lately on
even the 15 min trips someone goes in the back and the blanket absorbs
it.  The carrier has enough room for a small bed, blanket behind it and a
hammock.

Any ideas on how my little poopers can poop more freely in the carrier?

Thanks!
Risa