From:
Denise Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:34:43 -0700
Greetings all!

Prayers and fuzzle hugs to all of those sick, missing, mourning, and just
generally feeling not so great.  I've been lurking around for about 2
months now.  It's finally time to crawl out of the woodwork and say hello.
My name is Denise, and I've had ferrets for approaching 2 years (doesn't
seem like nearly that long!)  Sleve is my oldest, he'll be two in January.
Sleve is a standard sable.  Sweet little guy.  Not too kissy, I think he's
mute, I've never heard him utter a sound, but Mommy's favorite oldest
child anyway.  The newest arrivals to the ferret clan are Loki and Snoova.
Loki appears to be a Champagne little guy.  He's the most solid ferret
I've ever met.  He's also got a Napoleon complex.  He was small enough
for a while, that the vet kept referring to him as a she.  Loki is often
refered to around the house as demon spawn.  He's kissy with me, but he
can nip a little hard.  We're working on that one.  Loki and Snoova are
only about 4 months old.  Snoova is a dark grey.  I'm waiting a little
while on his coloring, because it keeps changing.  He's a kissy fert if
I've ever seen one.  Loves ear kisses.  He's daddy's boy.  I still say
he's the bully of the bunch.  But life's been generally good to us.

Sleve got to go to the vet this morning.  He'd been losing weight and had
some thinning in his coat.  Everything looked good, but we do have ivomec
for everyone!  Ear mites are bad.  And, Sleve gets to go back in for some
baseline blood work.  He could be a slight insulinoma, but he'd had access
to food to recently to do the work this morning.  So, back to the vet for
blood work, hopefully on Friday.  He'd been acting lethargic here at home,
of course, take him into the vet and he's bounding off of walls.  But I
haven't seen him wardance much lately.  So, I'm a worried mommy.  I'll
keep you all posted.

Dooks,
Denise
Loki (hey, dad! is that your foot? *chomp*)
Snoova (I'm bigger than you are!)
Sleve (Mom, what's with all the poking?)