From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:58:15 -0400
Have to say that Steve and I have been happy to give to the SOS; it's a
treasure!  Sometimes we give to shelters directly, too, but then the SOS
list helps us do that as well due to the info they provide.  As a matter
of fact, that list has often (often, often, often) helped us find vets
for people when they move or are on the road.  There are more than a few
worried people here I've contacted at times with info on a vet and I would
never have known about that vet if the SOS list didn't mention a shelter
using that expert.  The folks who run it have integrity, and they have
heart.  Their undertaking isn't a small one and it requires a lot of their
time and sometimes some of their money to make it work, but work it does.
It helps so very many shelters, and so very many ferret people, and most
of all so very many ferrets.  Steve and I have been on the ferret scene
since before there was an FML (You can find us in the first issue and see
that we have learned more than a bit over the years.  :-)) and I have to
tell you that we have seen some very good people and very marvelous
helpful efforts destroyed by rumors and by folks believing nasty
falsehoods.  Each time that has been a terrible mistake and loss for the
ferret community.  Don't repeat that error!  If you do all will suffer,
but the ferrets will suffer most of all!  Good people deserve thank yous,
not bashing.