Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:09:09 -0500
No, not ferret related, but in light of BIG's call to celebration I
thought I'd share.  My father works for US Airways.  He was en route home
to Tampa, FL from a business trip in Europe on Tuesday.  His flight was
diverted to Halifax, Canada.  He just got back to the states today.  The
generosity and kindness of the people of Halifax was staggering.

They sheltered, fed, entertained, and cared for nearly 10,000 people on
very short notice.  The local phone company set up phone banks and let
people call home for FREE.  Medical personnel volunteered and were
available 24 hours/day.  Local merchants discounted purchases for the
travelers stranded there.  Local people brought home-cooked meals and
even took people into their homes.  Free shuttle buses were provided.
Dad said they did everything they possibly could to make the travelers
feel welcome.

There are some incredibly evil people in this world, but they are far
outnumbered by the rest of us!

-Lo
(mandatory ferret content: Mojo and Wilbur are sure glad to have Grandpa
home!)