Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:34:55 -0400
I just got off of the phone with Mr. Saxton, the reporter on this story.
A very nice gentleman.  It seems that the ferrets are in a garage meant
to park cars in, he says he's sure they have a/c.  They are not cleaning
cages as should be done.  I wanted to find out why cages and carriers were
not going to those of you who are going out to pick up ferrets, this made
no sense to me.  I know that when I talked to Jen on Saturday, they
(animal control) had made comments on all of the cages/carriers they were
going to get to keep.  Now I believe that story because what I have heard
is you are having to take your own cages and carriers to get these ferrets
and that isn't fair.  Mr. Saxton is going to look into that, he was not
told that the animal control was keeping those items.  He also told me
that Jen had not been charged with anything as of yet, which is out of the
ordinary, most times when a warrant is issued, so are charges.  Some of
this does not seem right.  I don't know who to believe anymore, but my
main concern was the ferrets and it seems that they are all going to go to
other shelters.  This is a good thing.  Stories were that Jen was going to
keep the cages and start collecting again, this isn't the case either.  If
those of you that are taking ferrets do not get them, then animal control
is keeping them for themselves.  Good luck to all of you who are traveling
to help these little guys & thanks for being there for them.

Sue