From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:40:02 +0100
>From:    Steve Godun <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Best way to die?
>If you were in my position, what would YOU do?

Steve, I have been there, not with my "furkidz", but with other creatures
who chose me to be the one to be honoured with thier company for a brief
few years.

IT ISNT EASY - And even now I feel the tears inside me for the day that I
had to help my Black Lab cross the bridge.  The same is true for the loss
of my Tabby cat that I pulled out of a petstore before a holiday so he
wouldnt be alone, ( one of those"one more wont matter" deals, you know how
it goes....).  It WILL be that hard again, if any of our 4 wacky weezils
need me to make a decision for them, but I have to be sure that thier
crossing will be quick and painless.

I dont know if there is a culture difference at work here, but My vet has
always asked me if I want to stay, and usually lets me hold my friend as
they slip away to sleep for that last time.  I know that I am gonna cry
like a baby afterwards, but I HAVE to be there, its the last thing I can
do for my friend.

I dont know if this helps, but for what its worth, its my point of view.

Oh... BIG, I copied and forwarded parts of FML to the "Inside Edition"
people, just to back up my understanding that there were people out here
who would help place the Utah fuzzies (if Davis County would only let
them), if I have broken any rules by that act... punish me !!  Its just
so frustrating that I cant do a lot to help from this distance.  The
conditions in that shed and the refusal to allow correct care to be given
sounds like the county is guilty of cruelty..  We are praying for a
miracle!!!

Cris Page
Bubbles & Skweek,
(Unkie Lee)