From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:33:11 -0400
>From:    Steve Austin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Faked MF ferrets
>
>Their reputation in general I bet is still pretty good, and the guarantee
>is appealing to a new pet owner.

Actually Marshall has the best reputation in the industry with Path Valley
the only one right up there with them.

Most of this negative information on the internet is of the same quality as
the other email hoaxes like Proctor and Gamble is a Satanist corporation.

>From:    Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: fake Marshall ferrets
>
>How do you tell a fake MF ferret?  My lyssa is supposedly an MF ferret.
>She has 2 large dots in her right ear.  are they supposed to be vertical
>or horizontal or diagonal?

You can't likely tell.  There is no regular pattern to the dots.

There are a few unscrupulous breeders/wholesalers that want to charge
Marshall prices for their ferrets.  There are pockets in the country where
there are statistically improbable "botched descents" or "botched spays".
That is a sign that there is probably something funny going on.  Some
local wholesaler is probably the one dealing in "bogus" ferrets.  If you
are in one of these pockets you may have a fake, but the whole idea was
to make it so you would;t know, so you probably won't.

There are also other ranches/breeders that are under the impression that
people expect the two dots so they too use the same two dots with nothing
fraudulent intended.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets