From:
Katie Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 00:58:07 EDT
Hello again everyone!!!
First I'd like to say thank you to everyone who responded to my questions.
I received over 30 emails on this.  Unfortunately with only one working
hand there's no way I can even try to respond to all of you individually.
So I'm going to do an update here.

Yes, the fluids from the wound have been (and are being) cultured.  They've
got me on Unasyn IV for antibiotics and also on oral Levaquin.  Hopefully
that will take care of what it needs to.  I'll have to wait and see what
the cultures grow out.  I was back in the ER today with a fever so they
did another set of blood cultures which will take a few days to get back.
If they are still having difficulty isolating the bacteria we'll have to
take the ferret that bit me in for testing sometime mid next week.

Thanks again for all the wonderful emails and great suggestions.  And
please forgive me for not sending out individual responses to all of your
emails!!

Kate