From:
Sharon Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:14:01 -0400
Lucy's path report came back today.  It showed that my little 1.5 pound
girl with massive hair loss, aggressiveness, no swollen vulva and a normal
adrenal panel did indeed need the surgery I insisted on last week.  The
left adrenal that the vet took out showed adrenal carcinoma.  The vet in
Richmond said that the report said that it was encapsulated and had not
grown "outside the borders" and surgery was the cure.  I of course am still
paranoid because it took myself and my vet here awhile to convince anyone
involved that something was wrong and she needed an exploratory.

I am so grateful to my vet here and to everyone who emailed and told me
their stories and to go with my feelings.  I am also very grateful to the
vet in Richmond because he went ahead and did the surgery with just a
minimum of prodding from my vet.  But I would appreciate anyone who has
been through this to email me and let me know how it is going with their
fuzzie and what to expect.  Thank you.